8 Days West-Papua & Wild Life : ( Birding Tour – 2019 )
8 Days West-Papua & Wild Life : ( Birding Tour – Code TP-002
Jayapura & Baliem Valley
Key Information : Open Trip into Real Papua endemic-Papua)
Tour Duration : 8 days
Group Size Valid for : 1-2, 3-5, 6-10 people only
Destination(s) : Cultural Tour & Birding
Specialty Categories : Wild life & Cultural Tour
Season : Open Trip-
Day 1- 2019
Jakarta-Flight to Jayapura-Proceed to any Hotel in Jayapura (Meet & Cheers), Hotel room &meals are (Full service). We do recommend: Horex hotel Sentani. Half day Easy cultural tour &Birding in Asei paradise islands &DoyoBaru valley in Jayapura region. is inclusive in Program!!
Day 2 (4 WD to Nimbokrang-Western Jayapura
We will be picked you up by 4WD by birding guide/staff at your hotel. Heading to Nimbokrang birding spots. It takes 2hrs drives. We do birding along the road by slowly driving.You expect to see Grey Goshawk, Yellow-bellied & Sacred Kingfisher, Eclectus& Red Cheeked Parrot, Golden Cuckoo-shrike, shinning flycatcher. More, Our records here are: Great Egret, Rufous Night-Heron, Pacific Black Duck, Dusky Moorhen, Comb-crested Jacana, Rufous-bellied Kookaburra, Brown & Great Cuckoo-Dove, Orange fronted Fruit-Dove, and Rainbow bee-eater, Pied Chat, Golden Cisticola, Shinning Flycatcher, Great Bowerbird, Glossy Mantled Manucode and Lesser Bird of Paradise (some of these birds are expect to be seen). On arrival in Nimbokrang, you will, re-set camera, flexible program, here will do some half hours birding along main road bank, and the Nimbokrang valley & cultural tour in Nimbokrang village.
You will stay in & the activities 3 nights:
- Birding Lodge-Accommodation,
- Meals (B.L.D along day by day Birding trip in Nimbokrang)
- Mineral water or boiled water for the Coffee & tea will be provided by cottage staff.
- Birding spots are not too Hard for 50-70 y.o (But some areas are need to be assisted
- Rubber boots or trekking shoes are still needed
- Home based Birding trip (Go & return to based).
Day 3 – to Day 4
Nimbokrang full day birding, we focus on for these Birds
During these 3 full days, we will focus on our target birds of the lowland alluvial forest. They are: Brown-collared Brush-turkey (hard to see), Pale-billed Sicklebill, Twelve-wired Bird of Paradise, Magnificent Riflebird (often only heard), King Birds of Paradise, Lesser Bird of Paradise, Jobi and Glossy Manucode, Bush-hen, New Guinea Flightless Rail, Victoria Crowned Pigeon (possibly), Double-eyed and Salvadori’s Fig-Parrot, Buff-faced Pygmy-Parrot, Emperor and white-shouldered Fairy-wren, Golden Cisticola, Golden, Boyer’s, and Grey-headed Cuckoo Shrike, Hooked-billed, Blue-black, Azure & Sacred Kingfisher, King Quail, Black Bittern, Spotted Whistling Duck, Doria’s Hawk, Beautiful, Pink, Coroneted, Orange-bellied Fruit-Dove, Zoe &Pinon Imperial Pigeon, Red-flanked Lorikeet, Dusky and Brown Lory, Lesser, Greater and Pheasant Coucal, Papua Frogmouth, Papuan Nightjar, Papuan Spine-tailed Swift, White-bellied Thicket Fantail, Golden, Frilled and Spotted-winged Monarch, Lowland Peltops, Blue-grey Robin, Rusty Pitohui, Meyer’s & Helmeted Friarbird, Golden & Yellow-faced Myna, Blue-jewel &Rufous Babbler, Spotted Catbird, Brown-headed Crow.(…be honest, I just to be realistic that not all of them to be seen, because they are wild). But For sure, half of them are yes!
4 days/ 3 Nights Easy Cultural Tour & wild life trip in Baliem valley
Day 5 Nimbokrang – Jayapura – Connecting to Wamena ( Dani Tribe )
Departure: Flight To Wamena ( 4 Wd Drives )
Nimbkrang- Arrival in Jayapura at 6:35 AM connecting to Wamena. You will Flight to Wamena at 8:20AM Arrive in Baliem valley-Wamena airport.
- Proceed to Pilamohote-Hotel-Coffee break. Lunch in Pilamostart Easy cultural tour & birding.
- Start from Hotel toMaima
- Passing Yellow Baliem river suspension bridge,
- Cultural tour & Birding in maima village
- scenery, Wild life, birds, Pigs, Local Gardens
- Meet locals along treks
- Landscape Photography
- In the afternoon, you will be back to Pilamo Hotel.
Day tour to Western Dani (Cultural Tour-Mock Ceremony in Dani tribe)
- Wake up, Breakfast
- Start at: 09:00 AM
- Headingt to Western Baliem valley-Dani
- Join the Mock Dance ceremony that I organized with Locals.
- It presents: Mock dance, war, fire making, War dance, etc.
- Traditional dressed up people are attended. Old people are living with traditional life style.
- Heading up to Mabel hills to make “salt”. Here are many birds are to be seen.
- Stay overnight in Aikima village for next day birding (in Suroba valley for highland birds) or Back to Hotel-flexible.
2,000 fit Birding in Lorentz Park
- Wake up at 3:30 AM
- Breakfast (coffee & Bread)
- Start at: 4:55 AM
- Heading to Yali forest for Birding by (4WD).
- Birding from 5:30-10 AM-Full hrs.
- Here you will expect to see:
- Expected birds to see:
You will stop during the driving to spot some birds such as. Island Thrush & Alpine Pipit will commonly seen, Orange-billed Lorikeet flying across the driving, Painted Tiger-Parrot, Lorentz’s Whistler, Hooded Cuckoo-Shrikes, New Guinea Thornbill, Black Sitella, Mountain, Black-throated and White-winged Robins, and Grey-streaked honeyeater. We will camp at 3.300 and do daily birding from the camp site. During this 2 days birding, we will sufficiently allocate our energy to search for the snow mountain specialties, such as: Snow Mountain Quail, Short-bearded Melidectes, Orange-cheecked Honeyeater, Papuan Whipbird, Snow-mountain Munia, Lorentz’s Whistler, Splendid Astrapia, Brown Sicklebill, Ribbon-tailed Astrapia, Macgregor’s Bird of Paradise Salvadori’s Teal, Painted &Brehm’s Tiger-Parrot, Red-breasted Pygmy-Parrot, Crested Berrypecker, Rufous Woodcock, Stout-billed Cuckoo-shrike, Papuan, Large & Buff-faced Srcub-wren, Lesser & Greater Ground-Robin, Mountain & White-winged Robin, Black Sittella, Western Alpine Mannikin, New Guinea Thornbill, Blue-caped Ifrit, Belford’s & Sooty Melidectes.
- Passing the traditional Gardens
- Lovely view, meet local traditional houses/huts, gardens, welcoming people
- Back to Public market (Cultural tour), local daily activities at ‘Organize food market. Many organics stuff are there to buy.
- Back to hotel at Noon.
- Lunch-Fool day rest
- Afternoon walk in the city to buy “Melanesian-Highland Souvenirs at Souvenirs shops
- Free Service to WamenaAirport dropping
- Good Bye
Number of pax : —-pax.
Full Payment : firstname.lastname@example.org
This cost inclusive :
- Birding & cultural tour in Nimbokrang
- Flights from Jayapura-Wamena-Jayapura
- Meals (food) & mineral water (along Birding, &cultural tour + Birding, 4WD, Hotel)
- Mummy, ‘Cultural mock dance” in Dani tribe-Cultural Show
- Salt making in Dani tribe
- Meals (B.L.D)
- Mineral water
- Land transport (4WD) along trip
- Guide, porters to carry Tri-Pots
- 3nights in the hotel in Wamena, cottage in Jayapura along Birding)
- Extra expense
- Credit phone
- Alcoholic stuff
- Last night in the hotel & Dinner.
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org